At Bright Beginnings Nursery, we take your privacy seriously, and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we will commit to the following:
We will be asking you for personal data about you and your child/ren in order to deliver a childcare service to you. We must have a legal basis for collecting this data, and there are six lawful bases:
- (a) Consent:
The individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
- (b) Contract:
The processing is necessary for a contract you have with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- (c) Legal obligation:
The processing is necessary for you to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- (d) Vital interests:
The processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
- (e) Public task:
The processing is necessary for you to perform a task in the public interest or for your official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
- (f) Legitimate interests:
The processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests. (This cannot apply if you are a public authority processing data to perform your official tasks.)
I will be processing your data under the following bases: that you, as an individual has given clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose and this process is necessary as per the nursery contract.]
We will provide a way for you to positively make a decision about the information that you make available and how this is shared.
This information will be collected by Christine Henderson who has been appointed as the Data Controller, as part of the child’s induction to the setting. We will be asking for this data verbally at our initial meeting and recording it on an enrolment form/Early Years passport as well as digitally. We will ask for this information at regular intervals to ensure it is up to date. We will do this by asking you to complete and return a data form.
The information that we require will be:
- Child’s name
- Child’s date of birth
- Child’s age
- Child’s address
- Parents’ names, addresses, contact numbers
- Who has parental responsibility for the child
- Emergency contact names, addresses and contact number
- Child’s doctor’s name and contact number
- Health clinic/health visitor
- Any allergies/medical history/ requirements
- Information about immunisations
- Whether the child has any special educational needs or disabilities
- Ethnic group
- Home language
- Child and/or parents’ National Insurance number
- Parent’s Date of Birth (for funding purposes)
I am required to hold and use this personal data in order to comply with the statutory framework of England, Ofsted, the Department for Education and my local authority early years team. This data will be used to:
- support your child’s development
- monitor and report on your child’s progress
- share information about activities in our setting
- contact named people in an emergency
- share with other professionals in accordance with legislation
- ensure a contract of service is delivered and maintained
- ensure that this setting receives the statutory funding for which it is eligible.
With your permission this data may be, when necessary, shared with:
- Other professionals supporting your child, for example health visitor, pre-school, nursery, school, other health or education professional
- My local authority through the Free Childcare and Early Education Entitlement headcount and annual Early Years Census
- My local authority for the purposes of funded services.
- The local safeguarding children’s board or Social Services Referral and Assessment Team if I ever have any concerns about the safety of your child.
If you want to see a copy of the information we hold and share about you or your child then please contact Christine Henderson.
I am required by law to keep some information about your child for a period of time after a child has left the setting. I will keep a record of this and dispose securely at the correct time.
Please see my data protection policy for further information on data sharing, safe storage and your rights to access your data.